Saturday, October 23, 2010

Crisp Autumn Retreat

Upstate New York is so beautiful this time of year. These past two weeks are known to have been the peak opportunity of beauty to see the amazing colors of autumn. I dont have one specific favorite season, but I LOVE the changes that take place, and looking forward to the beauty that comes with each season....
We were able to take advantage of out situation, and travel upstate to visit Palmyra New York and the amazing historic sites. We visited Joseph Smiths Farm, along with the Sacred Grove, Palmyra Temple, Hill Cumorah, and the Whitmer Farm, before traveling up to Niagara Falls, and heading over the boarder to Canada! We stayed in the Pop-Up camper, and enjoyed the fullness of the crisp autumn weather, and amazing color and beauty all around us. Everything was still green and bright, and brought a sweet peace that we were all able to enjoy for our 5 day getaway. I've only posted a few pics.... because the very thought of choosing, uploading, placing them into a slideshow, and labeling the pics makes my hair stand on end... but I've posted just short of a million on my facebook page.... So enjoy!!




3 comments:

Dena Moon said...

I'm glad you blogged! Beautiful pictures!
And we miss you!

Margie said...

Gorgeous pictures, wow! We hope you guys are doing okay, it's been along time! Much love!

Jess, Andrew and Family said...

I love New England in the fall! My mom told me about your bed rest- I hope the time goes by quickly for you! I'm glad that you are at your parents with so much help! We'll keep you in our prayers!